Python/Django site with customized apps for short fiction, editorial testimonials, etc., primarily leveraging function based views.
View this project.
Built with: Python/Django/VSCode.
Special features include:
- a simple blog app with list and detail views
- a contact app for contact forms, using django simple-recaptcha
- testimonials app for editorial testimonials, which generates an internally-linked testimonials page (pull quotes linked to full reviews by leveraging primary keys.)
- a short fiction/writing app, which features a number of models, including: Piece, which allows for cover-image upload and utilizes a Many-to-Many relationship with Genre model, as well as a Review model for short fiction reviews and Publisher model for markets that utilize one-to-many Foreign-Key relationships.
- The short fiction app also includes custom views, including detailed views for all pieces, a condensed bibliographic view, and genre-sorted views for pieces only in specific fiction genres.
- Additionally, secrets required by the project (keys, email passwords, etc, are stored in a secrets.json file, with a get_secret() function written into settings to make for easier and more secure deployment.)
- Beautiful, full-screen parallax scrolling display with animation.
- Fully responsive; mobile-breakpoints implemented through media queries, viewport and other relative units, and a frankly ridiculous amount of flexbox.
- Slideout menu with flexbox header for mobile devices.