Jonas Salk Health Activism Fellowship
- Full Name: Jonas Salk Health Activism Fellowship
- Hosting Body: The Jewish Healthcare Foundation, Pittsburgh.
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Date: September-December 2017
- Description: During the 11-week program, the Fellows form an action group and develop skills to build a case for action, shape winning strategies, and advocate effectively around a health issue about which they are passionate. In addition to learning how to change policies, practices, and perspectives, Fellows will also take action during the Fellowship with some microfunding and experienced community activists as they start to implement their strategy. This fellowship served at the jumping off point for roOT, an educational project designed to reform how we think about and practice diversity and inclusivity education in healthcare.
- Other Resources/Further Information: http://www.hcfutures.org/fssalk.html